Thursday, February 27, 2014

This board hangs in our office. Each workout is planned out through race day.  Once I complete the workout I write the discipline and distance in blue marker. The board above the calendar has motivational stuff and gifts from others who are my fans. "Those who hope in The Lord will renew their strength,  they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint," Isaiah 40:31

I started biking again this week. I am starting from scratch. Saturday was Day 1 of blank and I biked 27 miles. I'm not concerned with cadence at this point, nor speed. My only concern is getting back in the saddle and getting comfortable again.

Sunday I ran 10 miles. My last official road race is this Sunday. My legs felt heavy and weak from Saturday's ride. I used my Fuelbelt with 3 water bottles and only took on 1 GU. I had more confidence in my body that reality. I have low blood sugar, so staying on top of my sugar in take is key. I bonked at mile 7.  Note: never do that again.

Monday was a 3 mile run and Tuesday was my 20 mile ride.  I felt better already on the second day of biking.  This time of year it is difficult and scary to be on the road.  Many elderly people are here in the winter months.  Now that they are better with technology it is just a bad mix with them on the road and texting and driving.  Because of this dilemma I try to find other place to ride to avoid the craziness.  This particular place I go is great for avoiding traffic and close to home.  However, at this particular moment Suncoast Sanitation decided to unload the Port-a-pots.  It was either deal with the stench or ride on the crazy busy roads.  I decided to "deal with the stench."

Yesterday was a 6 mile run.  I felt great.  I am off until Sunday's Hooters to Hooters half marathon. 

Tomorrow's agenda includes meeting up with our good friend, Christina Cuadra from Newton.  I look forward to that visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment