Monday, February 24, 2014

Ironman Cozumel-training begins

I signed up for Ironman Cozumel on December 4, 2013.  I made the decision to complete a full Ironman distance after experiencing the journey with my husband on August 25, 2013.  I will never forget the months, weeks, and days leading up to the trip to Louisville, Kentucky where he completed this difficult feat.  Chills ran throughout my body during the long 13 hours, 49 minutes, and 22 seconds of Don's spectacular day.  Watching him cross the finish line, I knew I wanted to be next.
I know the amount of time I need to put into this. I also know the sacrifices I need to make in order to complete this goal.  I am ready to take on the challenge.   I am willing to say "goodbye" to my social life until December of 2014.

After the sign up for the race itself, next comes the reservations to transport the bike.  I confirmed my reservation with TriBike Transport.  Whoever came up with this idea is genius.  A few weeks out from the race, I will take my bike to Trek-Bikes of Estero and TriBike will pick up the bike for transport to Cozumel, Mexico.  This is a stress free, secure service so I do not have to worry about TSA at the airport. We learned that TriBike transport is the way to go. 

Our flights from Miami to Cozumel are booked and our hotel is ready for our arrival.




No comments:

Post a Comment