Monday, February 24, 2014

Ironman 70.3 Miami

It all started when I raced Ironman 70.3 Miami on October 27, 2014.  I completed 3 sprint triathlons and was immediately HOOKED.  I don't know exactly what triathlon consists of that has me so addicted.  Maybe it's my hyperactivity.  Some say that running is their "drug."  I think that it is my way to reflect on my life.  During my training days I have to concentrate on what I am doing to help better myself and this is the only way I can focus on just "me." According to www.dictionary.com, triathlon is defined as an athletic contest comprising three consecutive events, usually swimming, bicycling, and distance running.  I think I like the contest part of it.  Maybe it's the 3 events back to back.  Maybe it's the challenge to push myself to the limits.  I don't know what the answer is nor do I worry about finding it.  I just know that I LOVE TRIATHLON.   There is a difference between "Ironman" and "ironman."  Do you know the difference?  One of the best parts of this event was that I had the chance to race with a friend from elementary school.  It's been years since we have seen each other but it is cool that we have the same hobbies.  I wish she would race Cozumel.  Her time will come one day. 
Check out this finisher video from 2013. (click link below)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment