Saturday, June 21, 2014

Open Water swim pics

Sunday, June 15th, I rode the trainer for 5 hours.  It actually wasn't that bad.  I think the dreadfulness about the whole thing was just getting started.  I watched 2 movies; "Girl, Interrupted" and "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" and two episodes of "Weeds."  All kept my interest for the 5 hours on the bike. 

The XLab Gorrila bottle cage doesn't fit on my Adamo saddle.  It says it fits specifically but with my speed box is in the way.  Poooooooo!

Today was a great day.  We took the boat out (task 1), I swam open water (task 2) and Payne paddled back to the boat (task 3).  We started the swim off of Ft. Myers Beach by Diamond Head resort.  The water was very rough and the winds were high.  I felt very very anxious heading into the water.  I applied a thick layer of deodorant, sunscreen and anti chaffing on the areas were I have issues.  It was way better than before but still some chaffing.  I swam 2.02 miles at a time of 1 hour and 6 minutes.  If the conditions were to be similar to Cozumel, I would only have point 4 more to go and then I would anticipate that  I could finish the swim in 1 hour 30 minutes (or better).  I had a few anxiety spells and a few times where I felt algae or sea weed in my hands and once felt like I was stung from a jelly fish.  All in all, I am happy that I was able to pull things together and finish the swim, strong.  I swam to shore and was not out of breath at all.  I then walked 2 miles back to the boat while Payne paddled.



No comments:

Post a Comment