Thursday, June 26, 2014

I. AM. SORE.

Saturday we did an Open Water swim.  I say "we" because Don paddle boarded right next to me.   Luckily he is a lifeguard and knows CPR if I were to need the assistance.  :)  The swim was down current and the seas were pretty rough.  I panicked at first but was able to calm myself down.  I am learning new things each day with each training discipline that I do.  I always have anxiety to start any swim workout so I am working on some coping skills to help keep the heart rate down.  I finished the 2 mile swim in one hour/six minutes.  Amazing!  But again, thanks to Mother Nature I was able to swim faster because of the direction I was going.

Sunday June 22 I rode 80 miles.  It was tough!  The heat is beginning to get unbearable.  We haven't had any rain in about 5 days so the temperature hasn't had a chance to drop to give us a break.  I took my time with my pace but kept a high cadence.  It was pretty tough but I made it.

Wednesday, June 25 I completed my first brick workout of this training program.  I felt much stronger upon completion.  I swam 1 mile, biked 20 miles, and ran 1 mile.  I am back to running but only short distances.

That afternoon, I went to the eye doctor.  They took my blood pressure (is that normal to do that) and it was at a record low of 104 over 62.  She asked if I normally run low, which I do, but it has been confirmed that it is because of the high intensity workouts and my endurance abilities.  Just think what exercise will do for anyone who is suffering from high blood pressure.

Tomorrow is a new day.  Open water swim again.  I dread it because of the anxiety.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment