Sunday, April 20, 2014

wearing the boot--new swim equipment

For 2 weeks I have been in a boot.  The injury hasn't healed yet.  For 2 weeks I was walking on the injury and it just wasn't getting better.  Tomorrow, will begin week 3 of the boot.  I know that it is almost healed but not quite 100% yet.  I will probably wear it for 2 more weeks while at work.  I am use to it now.

My swim training is stepping up.  I have been working on  intervals with the pull buoy and just started using paddles ( I think that is what they are called).  The paddles make swimming difficult.  My heart rate is up and I am enjoying the strength training.  I guess this is equivalent to lifting weights.  I don't have time to fill in another workout piece so these paddles will do for now. 

I have amped up my biking.  Just this past week; 30 miles on Wednesday, 40 on Friday and 45 miles today.  I am working on getting my rear in gear.  It is difficult to get that in shape to continue on.  Next week, I will ride a 50 mile on Sunday. 

I haven't ran in the pool for a week.  I know I need to get busy and continue that but it is BORING AS HELL.  At least here at home we have the TV outside.  I can get caught up on my shows.

Payne ordered Bonk Breaker bars for rides.  I love the new banana peanut butter flavor.  Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment